- One 4-inch piece of leftover baguette (about 1 1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large or 2 small heads of frisée, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss the baguette cubes with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Spread the bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper together. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Just before serving, add the frisée to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Divide among 4 salad plates and sprinkle the croutons on top.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.