- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 thick-cut bacon slices, cut crosswise into 1/2 -inch strips
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces frisée, torn into small pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet and stir in the vinaigrette, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the hot dressing into a large bowl, add the frisée and toss well. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.