Frisée Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese and Hazelnuts
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium head frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium endive, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ripe Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup salted roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the hazelnut oil with the red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the radicchio, frisée and endive and toss until coated. Add the pears, blue cheese and hazelnuts, season the salad with salt and pepper, toss gently and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.