- 18 baby zucchini with blossoms attached
- 4 1/2 ounces feta cheese, cut into 18 pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Gently open each zucchini blossom and nip off the stamen. Place a piece of feta cheese inside each blossom and twist lightly to close.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Spread the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip each zucchini in the beaten eggs, then dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Set a large rack over a rimmed baking sheet. In each of 2 large skillets, heat 1/3 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Carefully lay half of the zucchini in each skillet and fry over moderately high heat until crisp and golden, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to the rack to drain. Sprinkle with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
A Greek white with fruity acidity and a round texture will match the tangy feta here.