- Vegetable oil
- 4 very ripe sweet plantains, peeled and sliced on the diagonal 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- Bittersweet chocolate, for shaving
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the plantains and cook over high heat, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp around the edges, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and transfer to plates.
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk with the dulce de leche and boil over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Drizzle the sauce over the plantains. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate over the plantains and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.