- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup halved snow peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (see Note)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet peas (defrosted, if frozen)
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots and stir-fry over high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sugar snap and snow peas and stir-fry until vibrant green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice and stir-fry until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Push the fried rice to the side of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Toss the fried rice with the eggs. Stir in the sweet peas and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer the rice to bowls and serve right away.
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook 1 1/2 cups raw long-grain rice until al dente. Drain and use right away or refrigerate.