- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Stir together in the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to moderately high. Make a well in the center of the quinoa and add the eggs. Cook, stirring the eggs constantly in the well, until softly scrambled. Fold the eggs into the quinoa, then add the peas and the oyster sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until everything is heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.