Fried Peanuts with Asian Flavors
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, very thinly sliced, or finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 pound raw peanuts (2 1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, toss the peanuts and lime juice; let stand for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
- Drain the peanuts and pat dry on paper towels. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the shallots and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shallots to a plate.
- Add half of the peanuts to the hot oil and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the nuts to paper towels. Season with salt and let cool. Repeat with the remaining peanuts. In a bowl, toss the peanuts with the lime leaves, garnish with the shallots and cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.