- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp—shelled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the flour, water and salt until just blended; some lumps are fine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the shrimp, onion and parsley.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Drop 6 rounded tablespoons of the batter in the skillet and spread each mound into a 2 1/2-inch round. Fry the cakes over moderately high heat until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels, then transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat if the cakes brown too quickly and adding the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet as needed. Rewarm the shrimp cakes in the oven and serve.