© Kamran Siddiqi
Fried Cinnamon-Sugar-Ricotta Fritters
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 24
Gluten-free or not, these fritters are perfect: fluffy, light and just sweet enough.
Slideshows: Great Ricotta Recipes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the eggs, ricotta and vanilla and using a wooden spoon, stir just to combine.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 365°. Line a baking rack with paper towels.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop rounded tablespoons of half the batter into the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the fritters are golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels for 30 seconds, then transfer them to the cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the fritters hot.