Fried Cinnamon-Sugar-Ricotta Fritters
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 24
Gluten-free or not, these fritters are perfect: fluffy, light and just sweet enough.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the eggs, ricotta and vanilla and using a wooden spoon, stir just to combine.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 365°. Line a baking rack with paper towels.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop rounded tablespoons of half the batter into the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the fritters are golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels for 30 seconds, then transfer them to the cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the fritters hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.