Fried Capers and Sage
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1/2 cup
Crispy capers and sage add bursts of flavor to buttery pasta dishes.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup drained capers, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons small sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the capers, sage leaves and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until the capers open and are lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the capers and sage leaves to paper towels to drain and cool.
The fried capers and sage can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.