- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups fine cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless striped bass fillets, cut into 3-by- 1/2 -inch strips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges
How to make this recipe
Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Crack the eggs into another shallow bowl and beat well. Put the cracker crumbs in a third bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Dredge the fish strips in the flour. Dip the strips in the beaten eggs, then coat completely with the seasoned crumbs. Arrange the fish fingers on a large baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 375°. Fry the fish fingers 4 or 5 at a time until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried fish to paper towels to drain. Serve at once with lemon wedges.