- Three 6-ounce Asian eggplants, peeled and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- Wondra flour, for dusting
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Set the eggplant slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle each side with salt. Let the eggplant stand for 30 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat 1 inch of oil to 350°. Set a rack on a rimmed baking sheet near the stove. Dust the eggplant slices with Wondra. Working with 6 slices at a time, fry the eggplant until browned and tender, about 1 minute per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried eggplant to the rack and let drain. Repeat with the remaining eggplant, adjusting the heat as necessary to keep the oil at 350°. Reheat the eggplant in the oven for about 3 minutes, then serve.
Make AheadThe fried eggplant can stand at room temperature for up to 1 hour. Reheat in the oven before serving.
Serve WithEric Ripert's Surf and Turf.