Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 CUP
Try this vinaigrette as a light sauce for pasta or grilled fish, chicken or steak.
- 3 tomatoes (1/4 pound each)—2 cut into large chunks and 1 peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, puree the tomato chunks until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing hard on the solids. Rinse out the blender and return the tomato juice to it. Add the garlic and lemon juice and with the machine on, add the olive oil in a thin stream, blending until smooth. Add the chopped tomato and pulse just until chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.