- 3 tomatoes (1/4 pound each)—2 cut into large chunks and 1 peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, puree the tomato chunks until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing hard on the solids. Rinse out the blender and return the tomato juice to it. Add the garlic and lemon juice and with the machine on, add the olive oil in a thin stream, blending until smooth. Add the chopped tomato and pulse just until chunky. Season with salt and pepper.