Fresh Tomato Bloody Marys
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 drinks
- 2 small celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato, such as a Green Zebra, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds chilled red tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chilled vodka
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 small red chile, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 medium celery ribs and 4 thin green chiles (optional), for serving
- MAKE THE BLOODY MARY In a bowl, toss the celery with the onion, tomato, lemon zest and juice and season with salt. Refrigerate while you make the drinks.
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes, vodka, ice, tomato paste, chile and celery salt; pour into glasses. Spoon the garnish on top, add a celery rib and chile to each glass and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.