Fresh Tomatillo Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 cups
Andrew Zimmern’s Kitchen Adventures
Andrew Zimmern’s bright, spicy salsa is made with fresh tomatillos rather than tomatoes. The result is tangy and piquant with terrific heat from the serrano chile.
Slideshow: More Amazing Salsas
- 1 pound tomatillos—husked, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1 serrano chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more for seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- In a food processor, combine the tomatillos with the cilantro, mint, serrano chile and the 1 tablespoon of lime juice and pulse until nearly smooth. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and lime juice. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and stir in the onion.