- 1 1/4 cups minced white onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1 jalapeño
- 12 tomatillos, husks removed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix the onions with the kosher salt and let stand.
- Roast the poblanos and jalapeño directly over a gas flame or under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred all over. Transfer the poblanos and jalapeños to a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Peel and seed, then transfer to a blender. Add the tomatillos, cilantro, mint, garlic and lime juice, and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain the onions and stir into the bowl. Season the salsa with salt, if necessary. Serve.
The salsa can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.