- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Campari
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the Campari and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the Campari and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and shiny, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely, then refrigerate. Serve cold.
The pineapple sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.