Fresh Pea and Fennel Sauté
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 cups freshly shelled peas (from 2 pounds in the shell)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the sugar snap peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sugar snap peas to a large plate and let cool until warm. Add the shelled peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan. Add the fennel, cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add all of the peas and stir until warmed through. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.