- 1 quart fresh orange juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium nonreactive saucepan, bring the orange juice to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 30 minutes. Transfer the orange syrup to a medium bowl, add the cayenne and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds on a small baking sheet in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Let cool. Transfer to a mini-processor and pulse until finely ground, or mince with a knife. Add the almonds to the orange syrup along with the mint, maple syrup and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.