© Lisa Linder
Fresh Mango Sorbet
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 large, ripe mangoes—peeled, pitted and chopped (2 cups)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, unsweetened coconut milk, sugar, crushed cardamom pods, cloves and minced ginger and bring to a simmer over moderate heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 25 minutes. Strain the mixture into a bowl and stir in the apricot jam.
- Puree the chopped mango in a blender. Add the spiced coconut-milk mixture and blend thoroughly. Transfer the coconut-mango mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Scrape the spiced coconut–mango mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Keep the mango sorbet in the freezer until ready to serve.
Make AheadThe sorbet can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 days.