Fresh Herb Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
Salads comprised of herbs and other intensely flavored leafy greens offer startling counterpoints of taste and texture.
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups bite-size pieces of arugula
- 1 1/2 cups bite-size pieces of watercress
- 1 1/2 cups bite-size pieces of escarole
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mizuna or frisée
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1/4 cup bite-size pieces of sorrel or purslane
- 20 small tarragon leaves
- 10 small sage leaves
- 5 chives, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rub the cut side of the garlic all over the inside of a salad bowl. Add the lemon juice and salt. Spear the garlic on 2 forks and hold them together to whisk in the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of hot water. Add the greens and the herbs and toss well. Season with pepper, toss again and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.