- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley and tarragon
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cool water, season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately high and boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then return the potatoes to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small, sturdy glass bowl, melt the butter in the milk in a microwave oven, about 1 minute. Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, stir in chopped fresh herbs and serve.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson