Fresh Herb-and-Tomato Salsa with Smoked Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes six 1/2-cup servings
The Good News Inspired by an Italian Caprese salad, this tomato salsa is full of calcium-rich cheese. It's so chunky it could be eaten on its own with a fork, but it's also wonderful with shredded chicken.
- 2 cups mixed yellow and red grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup finely diced smoked Gouda, smoked cheddar or smoked Monterey Jack cheese (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes with the cheese, cilantro, basil and chives. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.