- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 2 cups quartered fresh figs (10 ounces)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Butter a 10-inch glass pie plate. Arrange the figs cut side up in an even layer in the plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk with the melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the flour until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter evenly over the figs and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden and puffed. Let the clafoutis rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Dried fruit-scented, caramelly tawny port.