Fresh Cranberry Relish
- SERVINGS: 10
This raw version of cranberry sauce has finely chopped pieces of orange, apple and lemon plus coarsely chopped cranberries and crunchy walnuts.
Slideshow: Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
Plus: Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide
- 1 medium unpeeled orange—scrubbed, halved, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 medium unpeeled lemon—scrubbed, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces)
- In a food processor, combine the orange, apple and lemon and pulse until finely chopped. Add the cranberries and pulse until the berries are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sugar and walnuts.
Make AheadThe relish can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Serve WithSweet Potato Cakes with Fresh Cranberry Relish.