Fresh Crab Salad with Lime Zest
- SERVINGS: 4
Patricia Wells first sampled a variation of this crab salad as part of a luxurious dish served at Pic, a restaurant in Valence, where Anne Sophie Pic is following in the family's august culinary tradition. Fresh crabmeat is such a delicacy that Wells made the crab salad into a recipe that can stand alone.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lime zest and lime juice. Gently fold in the crabmeat and season with salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter or plates and mound the crab salad on top. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
A chilled dry Sauvignon Blanc, like a Quincy from the Loire.