Fresh Corn Muffins
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 24
Think of these sweet treats as corn muffins times two: They get flavor from both cornmeal and lots of fresh corn. The crumb is delicate and moist.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rye flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper or foil liners. In a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour with the cornmeal, rye flour, baking powder and baking soda. In another medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the oil and honey.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and salt at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed. Add the dry ingredients and beat at medium speed until evenly combined. At low speed, gradually beat in the buttermilk mixture until just incorporated, then fold in the corn.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.