- 1 pound small blue potatoes, or other small, slightly waxy potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves (2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup shredded Manchego cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and boil over moderately high heat until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool, then quarter them.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the corn until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle the Manchego over the potatoes and stir twice, then transfer to a platter and serve.
Published August 2004