Fresh Cherry Soup with Lemon Sorbet
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 4 rounded tablespoons lemon sorbet
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cherries, wine, water and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, then pass the cherries through a food mill fitted with a fine disk into a glass bowl or puree in a food processor. Cover the soup and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and almond extract to the cherry soup and whisk until smooth. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the lemon sorbet. Garnish each bowl with a mint sprig and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.