Fresh Cabbage and Avocado Tacos with Queso Fresco
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Using a mix of red and green cabbages makes these refreshing vegetarian tacos even more colorful.
- 1/2 pound cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into quarters
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (about 2 ounces)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Toss together the cabbage, lime juice and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash 1 avocado quarter over each tortilla. Season with salt. Top with some of the cabbage mixture and queso fresco. Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.