- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 1 cup walnut halves (3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (1 cup)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut off the bulbous portion of the squash and reserve for another use. Using a mandoline adjusted to the thinnest setting, slice the neck of the squash lengthwise into long, thin ribbons.
Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 6 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool slightly, then coarsely chop. Transfer the squash to a bowl, toss with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Lightly stir in the olive oil, prosciutto and walnuts, garnish with the Parmesan and serve.