- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the asparagus until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the olive oil, cheese, basil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add the hot pasta and reserved cooking water and toss until the pasta is well coated with pesto. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.