French Toast Stuffed with Ricotta and Strawberry Jam
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Many stuffed French toast recipes call for cutting a pocket into each slice of bread. This one, however, simplifies the technique by sandwiching the creamy, fruity fillings between two slices.
More Brunch Recipes
- Eight 3/4-inch-thick slices of firm white bread
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Spread 4 slices of the bread with the ricotta. Spread the remaining 4 slices of bread with the strawberry jam. Close the sandwiches, pressing gently so they stay closed.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the eggs with the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg mixture until well coated.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add 2 of the sandwiches and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and transfer to plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.