French Onion Dip
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large sweet onions (2 1/2 pounds), halved and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cream cheese (3/4 cup), softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Potato chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate and continue to cook until the onions are light golden and softened, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir in the onions and season with salt and pepper. Serve with potato chips.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.