- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces French beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried salad herbs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse sea salt
How to make this recipe
- Prepare the dressing Finely chop the shallot and put it into a little bowl. Add all the remaining dressing ingredients and mix.
- Make the Salad Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Trim the French beans and cook together with the frozen peas for 4 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain and rinse with cold water so that the vegetables retain their vibrant green color. Put onto a serving plate.
- Peel and finely chop the eggs, walnuts and capers, and scatter over the salad, then drizzle with the dressing before serving. This salad can be served warm or cold.