- 1 cup fregola sarda (7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1 Persian or Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the <em>fregola</em> until al dente, 10 minutes. Drain; spread on a plate to cool.
In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice. Add the minced parsley and mint, the cucumber and garlic and toss. Add the <em>fregola</em> and tomatoes and toss again. Season with salt and serve at room temperature.
Fregola sarda, small beadlike pasta made with semolina, is sometimes called Italian or Sardinian couscous. If you cannot find it, you can substitute any small pasta or Israeli couscous, which is quite similar.