- 8 small green tomatoes, about 3/4 pound
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup fregola pasta
- 1/4 cup good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 8-ounce balls fresh burrata cheese, sliced in half
- 12 whole leaves fresh mint
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Toss together the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the tomatoes in one even layer in a baking dish and roast for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of moderately salted water to a boil. Drop in fregola pasta, stir once, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl to set aside.
In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, and minced garlic and whisk to blend. Add the oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.
To serve, remove tomatoes from the oven. Add the balsamic dressing to the cooked fregola and toss to coat. Spoon pasta onto serving platter and set the burrata halves in the center resting over the fregola. Arrange the roasted tomatoes around the cheese. Drizzle with additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Sprinkle burrata and tomatoes with a touch of sea salt and serve.