- 4 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers or loose hibiscus tea
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger juice (grated from a 2-inch piece of fresh ginger and pressed through a fine strainer)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Rich Simple Syrup
- Crushed ice
- 1 or 2 mint sprigs, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain and let cool completely.
- In a chilled collins glass, combine the ginger juice, lime juice and Rich Simple Syrup. Add crushed ice. Spin a swizzle stick or bar spoon between your hands to mix the drink, then add more crushed ice. Top with the cooled hibiscus tea, garnish with mint sprigs and serve the drink with a metal spoon-straw.
Contributed By Thad Vogler