- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the stock, orange juice, raisins, ginger, orange zest and salt and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, over low heat for 18 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.