© Lucy Schaeffer
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
Juicy bits of orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime form the base of this vibrant salsa; green-olive tapenade and sliced red onion add extra zestiness, which makes this salsa so good on everything from fish to avocado.
- 1 navel orange
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon green-olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime, removing all of the white pith. Working over a strainer set over a bowl, cut in between the membranes and release the citrus sections into the strainer. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to extract as much of the juice as possible. Whisk the olive oil and tapenade into the juice. Cut the citrus sections into 1/2-inch pieces and add them to the dressing, along with the red onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead The salsa can be refrigerated overnight. Serve With Fish, shellfish, chicken, pork, sliced avocado.