- 7 ounces sheep's-milk ricotta or well-drained fresh whole cow's-milk ricotta (3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces Italian Fontina cheese, shredded (2/3 cup)
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta with the Fontina, mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper. Add the egg and stir until incorporated.
Ravioli can be prepared over two days. Mix the filling on day one, store it in the fridge overnight, then make the dough and assemble the ravioli the next day. Freeze for up to a month.
Minerally, full-bodied Italian white.