- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted pistachios
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Fontina
- 1/2 cup provolone
- 1/2 cup scamorza cheese
- 1 pound pizza dough
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the pistachios and garlic until minced. Add the arugula, basil and crushed red pepper and pulse until minced. With the machine on, gradually add the 1/2 cup of oil until incorporated. Add the Parmigiano and pulse to combine. Season the pesto with salt and black pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, toss the mozzarella with the Fontina, provolone and scamorza.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, roll or stretch each dough piece to a 10-inch oval, 1/8 inch thick. Brush the dough with oil. Grill each pizza over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred on both sides and puffed, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a work surface. Spread one-fourth of the pesto on top and sprinkle with the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches if necessary, grill the pizzas over moderately low heat, covered, until the cheese is just melted, about 5 minutes. Cut the pizzas into strips and serve hot.