Food Processor Celery Root Remoulade
- SERVINGS: 6
The julienne disk of the food processor makes easy work of cutting the tough vegetables for this salad. If you don't have one, slice the celery root with the slicing disk, stack the slices and cut them into fine julienne strips by hand.
- One 2-pound celery root, peeled and cut into 2-by-3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor fitted with the julienne blade, cut the celery root into julienne strips.
- In a large bowl, stir the salt with the lemon juice. Add the celery root and toss to coat thoroughly. Set aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the remoulade. In a blender or food processor, combine the mustard and ginger and process until smooth. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of hot water and pulse to combine. With the machine on, slowly add the oil and vinegar and blend until the sauce is smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Drain the celery root julienne; rinse well and pat completely dry. Transfer the celery root to a bowl and toss with the remoulade sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled.