Fontina-Taleggio Fonduta with Baked Potato Chips
- SERVINGS: 4
Melted cheese is fantastic in any form. Served in crocks, with easy, homemade chips may be its best incarnation.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 5 ounces Taleggio cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- White truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Soak the potato slices in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain the slices and pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer the potatoes to 2 large, rimmed baking sheets and toss each batch with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the slices on the sheets side by side without overlapping and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to turn golden brown; as they brown, transfer the potato chips to a rack with a spatula.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°. In a bowl, mix the shredded cheeses, then divide among individual gratin dishes. Bake the cheese for about 7 minutes, or until bubbling. Drizzle with truffle oil and serve at once with the potato chips.
A soft, mouthfilling Italian Arneis, with its round, fruity and pungent flavors, is an ideal match for the rich cheeses here.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.