© John Kernick
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 FIRST-COURSE SERVINGS
Giorgio Rivetti likes to serve this fonduta, the Piedmontese version of fondue, with roasted potatoes and sautéed mushrooms as well as toast.
Slideshow: Cocktail Party Recipes
- 1 3/4 pounds Italian Fontina cheese, rind discarded and cheese cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola dolce cheese, crumbled
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the Fontina cheese with the butter, eggs, egg yolks, milk and Gorgonzola cheese. Set the bowl over the saucepan and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring the cheese constantly with a wooden spoon, until it is melted and smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour the fonduta into shallow bowls and serve at once with toasted baguette slices.