- Four 6-ounce halibut fillets, about 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Four 4-inch rosemary sprigs, plus longer sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Cut four 12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place 1/2 teaspoon of butter in the center of each foil sheet. Lay a fillet on each sheet and top with 1/2 teaspoon of butter and one 4-inch sprig of rosemary. Enclose the fish in foil, crimping the edges to form a tight seal. Bake for 1- minutes, or until the fish is opaque throughout. Transfer the fish to plates and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Rosemary complements Chardonnay, and the herb's presence is a tipoff that a crisp California bottlingsuch as Iron Horse or Mirassou Family Selectionwould be a fine choice.