© John Kernick
Foil-Baked Sea Bass with Spinach
- SERVINGS: 4
More Amazing Seafood Recipes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter, for brushing
- One 5-ounce bag prewashed baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- Four 8-ounce skinless sea bass fillets
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Tear off four 18-inch lengths of foil. Generously brush the softened butter over an 8-inch square in the center of each foil sheet. Mound the spinach in the center of the sheets and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the shallot. Season both sides of each sea bass fillet with salt and pepper and set the fillets on the spinach. Scatter the pieces of butter over the fish. Pull the sides of the foil up around the fish and drizzle the fillets with the wine. Fold the edges of the foil to make sealed packets.
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Transfer 1 of the packets to a medium bowl. Carefully make a small tear in the side of the packet and pour the juices into the bowl.Repeat with the 3 remaining packets. Using a spatula, transfer the fish and spinach to shallow soup plates, pour the cooking juices over the fish and serve.
Serve WithSteamed rice or boiled new potatoes.