- 1/4 pound foie gras terrine, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 chicken livers, finely chopped
- 2 small black truffles, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
In a medium bowl, mix the foie gras with the chicken livers and truffles and season with salt and pepper.
In a pie plate, beat the eggs with the milk and season with salt and pepper. Soak the bread in the custard until saturated, then transfer to a large baking sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons of the foie gras mixture on each slice.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add 4 slices of soaked bread to the skillet, liver side up, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip the bread and cook until browned and the chicken livers are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm while you cook the remaining bread in the remaining butter. Serve hot.